Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Someday

“It’s the oldest story in the world; one day you are seventeen and planning for ‘someday’ and then quietly, and without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this, is your life. We spend so much time wanting, pursuing, wishing. But ambition is good. Chasing things with integrity is good. Dreaming.




This quote is from One Tree Hill and weirdly enough it's something that I fear. I'm 17 and being told what to do in 10 months so I can start the rest of my life. Now I am meant to pick a college, get the good grades , SAT scores , and senior stuff. Sometimes I feel like I'm not ready to be an adult and pick what I want to do for the rest of my life. The pressure has started and hopefully I won't pop by Christmas. It is also all very scary discovering one day you are still considered a child and the next an adult. I fear planning for the future and silently my future is here and then what once I planned for is in the past. That someday becomes today and then yesterday. My whole life I want to be pursuing and chasing dreams. I never want to sit and wish I would've done that. The biggest part is chasing dreams with integrity so that when you are at the end of the race you are a better person. Someone to be proud of

No comments:

Post a Comment