Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Grace


11th grade
Sorry this is late, but today I want to talk about my sister Grace. She isn't my biological sister, but I think of her as one. I've known her for 8 years and I can't wait for the next 8. I can't imagine life without her ! 2 years after meeting her she moved away to Atlanta , Ga. which is only 2 hours from where I live but it seemed like eternity. Still we would find time to see each other. In those years we had our most special times that I will always remember. She was in love with the Jonas Brothers and I couldn't stand them yet we would make jokes about them. She lived in Atlanta for 3 years and moved to Virginia. In some way we did have problems with the distance as in finding time between school and work to call each other. Finally we both broke down knowing we weren't the same without each other. After that we had begun our Sophomore years when the unthinkable happened. My sweet Gracie began getting sick and this lasted for months. No one knew how to help and I felt useless not being with her. She finished that year being so sick that she was sent to the Mayo Clinic. Months later they diagnosed her with POTS Post Orthotic Tachycardia Syndrome. Her family moved back to Atlanta to my joy. When you have a friend who was the most hyper craziest person and then seeing them sick brings reality to you. Things are not what they used to be but I know my life will always be changed because of her. In March of 2012 she got really sick and was put on a feeding tube and still today she has one. Her life has changed drastically things that she thought she would be able to do she can't . Whenever I see her though I catch that special spark in her eye that I saw when I first met her. Even in her sickness she found time to pray for my friend Davey. When he passed I didn't have the heart to tell her so I called her mom and she found out last week. Today she called me telling me sorry and how she cried for days because of his death. Grace had never met Davey before but she cried. This goes to show how big her heart is and even in her hour of need she thinks of others. Without me saying anything she somehow knows how I feel and after weeks of not talking we can talk for hours like we talk everyday . I love her so much and Gracie if you ever see this thank you for being my friend and choosing me back in 5th grade . 
7th grade


You drive me crazy half the time the other half I'm only trying to let you know that what I feel is true . Yeah I'm only me when I'm with you !

No comments:

Post a Comment