Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Beauty Queen of only 18

My 18th birthday is coming up Saturday and I am somewhat excited . When you are young you think that turning 18 is some great freedom moment like if you were getting out of prison , but no . Sure you can buy cigarettes , buy lottery tickets , vote , and get into clubs , but there are also many responsibilities that come with it. Usually when a person turns 18 they are expected to go to college and take care of themselves. Also you are legally an adult and people expect you to live up to your responsibilities . I don't want to sound like I'm complaining or anything because I feel lucky to have made it to 18 . I guess the word is scared , I'm scared of what may happen next year , I'm scared of not becoming who I want to be , I'm scared that nothing will ever be the same . If y'all don't know I'm thinking about going into digital communications in college because of blogging . Looking back at this year I think I've grown a lot. I've had to let go of some friends , fell in love , had close people to me die, learned not to play with fire, and that some people will never change . Not to be all down because I did learn what love and friendship really means . I guess the only thing to do is accept the coming obstacles with grace and pray when the problems come. So I leave you tonight with the words of my girl T. Swift . Here's to the next 18 years !

No one's ever burned you
Nothing's ever left you scarred
And even though you want to
Just try to never grow up

Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room
Memorize what it sounded like when your dad gets home
Remember the footsteps, remember the words said
And all your little brother's favorite songs

I just realized everything I have
Is someday gonna be gone

So here I am in my new apartment
In a big city, they just dropped me off
It's so much colder than I thought it would be
So I tuck myself in and turn my night light on

Wish I'd never grown up
I wish I'd never grown up

No comments:

Post a Comment